Tuesday 7 June 2011

The wedding of Jane.



"Thank you for rescuing me from a strapless dress and bolero!"


This was the parting words of our lovely bride, Jane who married recently.


She had trawled endless shops looking for something which would cover her shoulders and arms and became increasingly disheartened when all that seemed to be on offer was strapless.


"Just go for a bolero" was one suggestion. But Jane didn't want that, so came to No 9.


Jane's theme was yellow and white with small butterflies. Her gown was a simple style made from 100% silk dupion with an addition of some corsetry inside to give her some support.


Jane didn't like having her photo taken, but felt comfortable and every inch the bride. Her groom thought she looked beautiful and for her, that was the main thing.


A message from Jane.

"I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for the work you have put in on my lovely dress. I have had so much fun winding him up that it was mega short or covered in 'bling' that it should come as a surprise.

I feel truly elegant in the dress which is just what I wanted- so thank you!"










2 comments:

  1. Jane looks beautiful! The dress is fab, and I hope I rock the the bespectacled look half as well as she does. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emma blind as a bat without the glasses so no choice there I am afraid.For a bride the wrong side of 50 it was a terrible experience going dress shopping, I cried after one horrendous experience where I was 'forced' to try on a dress that had been on a hanger since miss Haversham was a girl! I was made to feel a freak because I wanted sleeves and tea length. And then I met Linda and Leanne with their calm and positive approach and I got the dress I wanted. When Harry saw me he said I was beautiful and in that moment for the first time ever I felt it! Thank you Linda and Leanne

    ReplyDelete