Tuesday 22 September 2009

The wedding of Nadia. 6th September 2009

When I first met Nadia in early June 2009, she was very specific of the style of wedding dress she was after.
Armed with sketches and images she told me she definately wanted a short dress and a layered petticoat edged with lace. "I really want the huge bow at the back," she said. "And I'd also like a spot fabric over the top."
So, it was on to my fabric supplier, Margaret at Harrington fabrics to source a beautiful, ivory Thai silk dupion and a Point Esprit tulle .
For her sister, Sophia, Nadia's only bridesmaid, she opted for a tea-length strapless dress in matte satin with a draped bodice and matching inset midriff in hot pink. The bouquets and floral arrangements were made by Sophia who is owner of Ivy Florist in Pudsey, Leeds.


The completed gown.

Nadia and her husband were married at St. Michaels and All Angels church, Haworth and afterwards held their reception at The Alma Inn, Laneshawbridge a wonderful venue nestled in Pendle's magnificent countryside, on the Lancashire-Yorkshire border. They delighted guests and kept the vintage theme by serving dessert from a vintage ice-cream van.



Rob Booker photography


Rob Booker Photography


Rob booker photography


Rob Booker Photography
May I take this opportunity to thank Nadia for allowing me to be part of her day. It's been a pleasure working for you.
*

Photographs by Rob Booker
http://www.robbooker.co.uk/




3 comments:

  1. ahhhh, that sounds lovley ... and the dress is superb! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Julia.
    Nadia said. "The wedding was fantastic, had such a brilliant time.
    Thanks again for making my dress, I had so many comments about it."
    I'm confident it was the bride wearing the dress that so many commented on. She looks totally georgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dress and lovely pics. A winner for all! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete