Saturday 30 October 2010

Something gorgeously different!



It began with a dream and as I am in the industry for making them come true (bibidybobidyboo), I am happy to say for Frances, her dream came true too.

One thing which surprised me the most, was the trust Frances had in someone she'd never met, me, to box up her precious wedding gown and send it over 200 miles to have a bespoke jacket made to compliment her gown alongside alterations to the gown itself.

"I had total trust in you," she said. "Sending it was easy."


I suggested the perfect petticoat to display the embroidered skirt after the alterations to the side seams and bust area.



The feature lacing to the back.


The jacket over the gown. I used a fabulous beaded and sequin lace for the detail to the sleeves and jacket bottom. The jacket itself was made from a deep claret velvet and was fully lined.


The lacing to the jacket back mimicked the gown.



The beautiful bride.


The bride and groom.

Of her day Frances said. "Many thanks to the lovely Linda for my beautiful jacket which was the talk of the wedding, sadly the petticoat didn't survive the evening of dancing like a loon!! " Yes, Frances, the rowing boat song wasn't such a good idea in a full length wedding gown, but glad you had such fun.


"Thank you so much, all credit to Linda for making it fit like a glove and the Jacket which everyone loved! I got my hat it in a teeny local wedding shop and the gown is a known brand D'Zage, the jacket however is a orginal!!"

And as always, it will stay an original.

I would like to say, Frances, thank you so much for allowing me to be part of your very special day.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you again Linda for such a beautiful jacket, which made me feel so special. I do agree that the 'rowing boat' song was not such a great idea with hindsight!
    Frances
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Frances mum I would like to add that she looked amazing and the dress and jacket looked wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a total pleasure. I do hope to remain in contact with Frances eventhough she is now a married lady. A breath of fresh air! xx

    ReplyDelete