Sunday 31 October 2010

Vintage Bridesmaids Putting On The Glitz!

I have had the greatest of pleasures working for Karen and her amazing bridesmaids.

Karen contacted me after seeing my client, Nadia's real life wedding in Perfect Wedding back in February this year.

The vintage style with spot tulle overlay was just what she was after, but was sceptical about contacting me assuming bespoke was going to cost a packet.

"I nearly fell off my chair when you gave me the quote," she said. And so, these three vintage gowns were born.



Karen chose the ivory spot tulle, ivory silk dupion and the vintage tiered petticoat which had a satin bound edge. Two of the three gowns had sleeves with a feature cuff, finished with a small covered button to match the button front of the gowns.


The cumberbands were seperate to the feature over-sized bow which was dressed and attached directly to the gowns thus avoiding the need to tie them on the morning of the wedding.



The back view showing the over-sized bow.





Button front detail and fabulous trench coat style collar.




The gorgeous ladies in their vintage frocks.



Karen wearing Masquerede. The amazing gown by Ian Stuart.



All the girls together.


Karen chose vintage diamante brooches to pin to each of the gowns and the girls topped everything off with elaborate fascinator hats.

I can't wait for the official photographs.


I shall dearly miss you all. x


1 comment:

  1. The vintage style gowns are gorgeous, makes me want to get married myself instead of being at everyone elses weddings ;) I ended up here by happy accident after seeing a link about your competition on facebook. I've really enjoyed reading your blogs.
    Nic

    ReplyDelete