Saturday 10 October 2009

Congratulations Hazel and Craig.

The recent bout of depressing October weather gave way today offering a window of sunshine for the wedding of Hazel and Craig at St. Bartholomews Church, Colne.

Hazel took the opportunity of my personal dressing service and I arrived at her home armed with my iron, essential emergency kit (which came in handy when one of the flower girls got mascara over her dress) and began pressing the brides gown, flower girls dresses and the adult bridesmaids outfits which Hazel had comissioned me to make.
*
An autumnal colour theme mixing orange gerberas with red berries, ivory roses and a deep green foliage was chosen to match the gold silk dupion Hazel had picked for the bridesmaids. Originally opting for stoles, I suggested she consider the trendy shrug jackets which were welcomed by all three girls.
*
After dressing the flowergirls and lacing up all three bridesmaid outfits, I helped Hazel step into her gown. With her hair dressed, tiara and veil attached, I never recommend a wedding gown going over someones head. I then helped with her petticoat, shoes and made final adjustments before the final moments on leaving the house.



Zoe with her wonderful bouquet.

Two of the three flower girls dressed in gold organza with faux fur jackets available from BHS.


Final moments before entering the church.


With one last flick of Hazel's train, we hugged and after I wished her all the very best, she entered the church to join Craig.

My personal wedding dressing service is available to anyone wishing to relieve some stress on their big day. If this is a service that could be of interest to you, please enquire for further details.

2 comments:

  1. where are these gold bridesmaid dresses from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The adult ones (a 3 piece outfit comprising of bodice, skirt and jacket) were made by me and the small flowergirl were BHS.

    ReplyDelete