Tuesday 28 December 2010

Dress shop, Internet or Other for your Wedding Gown.

So the question arises yet again among many brides.
Where has everyone bought their wedding dresses from?
*
One lady said. "I'm gonna get a stereotype dress because I know if I try to be quirky I'll not only look like a loser but I'll always regret not wearing a proper dress! I want a sample dress. I refuse to pay full price for a wear-once dress. I'd be calclulating how much it's costing me per hour it's worn! I know that in a shop, you're paying for the 'experience' & getting it made but is there anywhere else that's good? I don't want to wait months, I want it NOW!"
*
Another said. " I got my dress from the internet."
*
More. "I would say definately go to the shops and try loads on, I thought I knew what style I wanted until I found it didn't suit me! I didn't want to pay shop prices either, so I bought a dress off ebay, and had a horrendous time with a seller, so I ended up going with an internet based shop t'up north and saved myself a packet."
*
"Everyone's different and as long as you find your dream dress it doesn't matter where you order it but personally I was glad I saw my dress in the flesh and tried it on to get a feel for it. I think if I ordered a dress straight off the internet I would be worried it wouldn't suit my shape etc."
*
And finally. "I'd like to recommend www.dressesatno9.co.uk. I'm having my dress made here. Linda is based in Yorkshire and gets booked up pretty quickly. Her ethos is 'bespoke is an affordable option'. I sent her a picture of what I wanted and she's quoted me a fraction of what other dressmakers were trying to charge me. The highest quote I had was £2000! I found her through using another forum and several ladies there have had their dresses made by her - the pics are stunning!"
*
Yes, I'm sure you know I do provide the service where you send me your measurments along with your design or ideas and I will custom make your wedding gown. I work in a very similar way to the offshore companies, but I remain in constant contact with my clients, don't charge them for their progress photo's and issue free samples for them to choose from.
*
I do prefer to see my clients regularly in the flesh so to speak to attain the perfect fit of their wedding gown, but with many ladies choosing to purchase via the internet I wanted to provide the same service I would for all of my customers.
*
Below are a few of the gowns I have made using the distance selling method.

Jodie sent me her images along with her budget. Her gown was constructed using a synthetic duchess satin skirt with silk chiffon feather effect train.
The bodice was gold brocade with piped edging and corset closure back.
Definately not something you'd find on the high street!








Jodie had one fitting for her gown as she was based in Milton Keynes. Her gown was then completed for a perfect hem length and shipped out to Jodie by track and trace courier.





Below is Rebecca's wedding gown.
Rebecca had a disaster with her offshore synthetic fabric wedding gown.
I used over 15meters of 100% silk dupion in ivory with a fabulous beaded lace applique detail.
The gown included a built in lace edge petticoat.


Rebecca travelled with her family from Stoke-On-Trent to see me for her final fitting and collection of her, and her bridesmaid gowns.
Her gowns fit like a glove.



Below is Natalie from Glasgow's wedding gown.

Again using 100% silk Dupion, she said her wedding gown cost less than her mother's wedding outfit!







Our ethos will always remain. Bespoke and made-to-measure will always be your affordable option.

Happy wedding dress shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment