Wednesday 14 April 2010

Fabric Stash

I thought I'd let you in to a sneaky peek at some of my current fabric stash.
It ranges from purple to navy synthetic taffeta and ivory, white to peacock blue dupion silk. Thrown among the mix is some super silk chiffon and crepe satin in grey and a gorgeous olive green silk with matching lace. I even have the most wonderful beaded lace.
*
Clients are still focusing on the more traditional colours for their wedding gowns, but choosing vibrant jewel shades for their maids. Some are even opting for something sassy which can easily be worn again after the big event.
*
I've been looking to flamenco gowns for something a little different when my workload hits a quiet spell. My office wall is currently papered in all sorts of inspirational fashion creations by Oscar de la Renta, Vera Wang and Christian Siriano.
The Oscars, Golden Globe or any big event which brings out those posh frocks gets me giddy with excitement.
*
I've also recently been interviewed by a Northern bridal mag and this (I'm hoping) will be out in September just in time for next years new clients. However, the way things are booking up for 2011, I could be closing my diary again early next year.
Quiet spell...did I say that??

No comments:

Post a Comment