Friday 23 April 2010

A Strawberry Tea, Day 5.

My dressmaking and my clients have to remain my priority, so trying to squeeze this fundraiser in amongst the job, family and home life is proving tireing. Tough! It's all for a good cause.

So, here's what I've been doing.

I've contacted a local radio station DJ (happens to be a Facebook friend too) to ask if she knows of any great Frank Sinatra tribute acts. She mentioned a local guy who I believe I saw recently, so I'm off to contact him. Totally amazing man and I do hope he says yes.
A fabulous florist has offered to do the table centerpieces so a HUGE thank you for the offer.
I have aslo been told I may auction a wedding gown so another HUGE thank you for this, and the planning of a wedding (not sure as yet whether this will be on the day co-ordination) so again, THANK YOU.
Oh, and the sister of a friend happens to be a Fleet Street reporter and I'm awaiting a call from her. (Yes, it pays to have people in the know)
In response to my first Strawberry Tea blog post, Leah from the Cancer Care team added her comments and the link to the official website. Thanks Leah and apologies for missing that out. And since then, I've been contacted by a lady called Amy who is the Area Fundraising Assistant at Breast Cancer Care, North and Midlands.
She said. "My colleague showed me the lovely blog you had written about your Strawberry Tea. I’m so pleased you liked our mailing and have decided to raise funds. We really are very grateful for your generosity, enthusiasm and support.
I am here to help with your fundraising, should you have any questions or need any support of materials for your event. Don’t hesitate to get in touch on the contact details below should you wish."
So, I did and have just received a template that I can use to approach areas of the media and a letter of authorisation which should be useful when we are trying to donate prizes/services free of charge.
Next job is to contact the affore mentioned Tribute artist and venue, so watch this space.



1 comment:

  1. It is on the day co-ordination which is being offered by me.
    I have also blogged about your vintage strawberry tea. Any help you need with organising it, just shout.

    ReplyDelete