Sunday 28 November 2010

Winter Weddings and Local Walks.


I think if you ask anyone if they would want snow on their wedding day, they would more than well answer yes, much as a summer wedding could guarantee sunshine.
The concept of a winter wedding holds romantic visions. Log fires, shimmering sparkly snow, guests dressed in evening wear wearing their very own sparkly, pretty things, and the bride, all in white (or ivory) with a fur cape and hand muff.
But, as my recent client Donna quite rightly pointed out, a very wet wedding gown train!
Donna is my last wedding client of the year, but work doesn't stop for me quite yet.
I have a theatrical gown to make (very Wuthering Heights) and preparation for the many April 2011 weddings I have currently on my books.
This morning, I made my traditional cranberry, port and orange sauce and last night, homemade Baileys. Yes, you read correctly, Baileys.
It really is as nice as the supermarket stuff, better in fact. It's not a secret family recipe even though my mother gave it to me. I make 2 bottles every year, and after an exhilarating walk over the hills today, a Baileys went down a treat on our return.


We are lucky to have this woodland right on our doorstep.



View across the hills.




Mr. D and the dog.
*
Baileys Recipe.
1 pot 300ml single cream
1/2 can condensed milk
1 cup brandy or whiskey
2 eggs
1 teaspoon coffee
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
3 teaspoons brown sugar
Whisk it all up and bottle.
(refridgerate for up to 2 weeks)

No comments:

Post a Comment