Wednesday 25 May 2011

Time Challenge. Project 1

With the soon-to-be move to our new studio, I decided to set myself a few challenges to see if I can make the business profitable without launching prices to the moon.



We all know weddings can be an expensive time and my ethos is to continue to maintain that bespoke is still an affordable option.



So, what was my first challenge and how long did it take from start to finish?



Challenge 1 is a 100% pure silk dupion bridesmaid gown/Holy Communion gown to suit an approximate age of 6 years.


I wanted to make sure that the hourly rate to produce a garment along with the costs of fabrics was going to be profitable to me and favourable to the client.




It is full length and has added net to give skirt volume which has a delicate lace edge.


The dress is fully lined with a lovely sash to the back.












This took 3 hours from cutting out, to the last stitch on the lace edge petticoat and will cost




£145.00








There will be a choice of sash colours at no additional costs.




No comments:

Post a Comment