Monday 16 May 2011

A Step Back In Time. Haworth 1940's Weekend





We couldn't help but be swept along by the warm feeling of nostalgia and I have to say I couldn't stop smiling.



We just had to get in with the crowd when I dragged Mr D along to Haworth 1940's weekend recently. We were captivated by the whole atmosphere where folk dressed up in costume including the French resistance, German Gastapo and American G.I's among others.






The whole village was alive with the sights and sounds of the 1940's. Wartime songs such as Vera Lynn and Glenn Miller belted out of speakers.







Along with the 'Dresser Uppers' there were the real veterans of the era. We briefly chatted with this gentleman who was 100 years old. He reminded me so much of my Granddad and I had to walk away, tears in my eyes. I wonder what he thought of the whole event.











The hairstyles were fantastic, as was the make up and attention to detail.

















It was a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon and I cannot wait to get my glad rags on and be really part of this next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment