Wednesday 17 March 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy.


After the February edition of Perfect Wedding and the mention of Dresses at No. 9, things have been busy and I mean, busy. School holidays and the abandonment and migration South (albeit a temporary one) of my older children meant I had to continue to meet deadlines while trying to entertain a four-year-old (ok, nearly five) and a dog and I'm not sure which was worse! I guess these are the perils of working from home, when school shuts, I don't.
My fabric stash has increased tenfold with an array of silks and tulles which I simply cannot wait to get my teeth into. Telephone enquiries as far west as The Wirral, north as Newcastle-upon-Tyne and south as Swindon have been in abundance which is rather comforting considering the economic climate. (Or is that all over now?)
I've been invited to attend a wedding fair on Sunday 28th March at Horsforth Golf Club. Unfortunately I have a birthday party to attend. My daughter will be 5 so am unable to accept the kind offer. (not that I'd miss my super girls party for a wedding fair for a minute) However, the organiser, Lesley, has kindly offered to put out some flyers. I've added some info alongside my own, Jill Springall a wonderful florist and the lovely Sarah from Elizabeth Wells Lingerie York, who has donated a £5.00 off voucher. Sarah is currently putting together some tips on how to buy your perfect underwear. All of this is included in the flyer.
So, with another pending magazine feature on the cards, what is in store for me next she asks?
Vintage seems to be leading the way at present and I wonder if my time as a traditional wedding dress maker is up. I'm not complaining, not by a long shot, I have my mothers Hollywood Album and Film Review books dating back to as early as 1947 to keep me company on an evening.
I love the whole research thing, the authenticity of the era is simply captivating. Which reminds me. I need to do one of those pointy finger at fabric photo shots for the web page. But I suppose it's all in good fun!
Sarah at Elizabeth Wells Lingerie http://www.elizabethwells.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment