Friday 26 March 2010

Reasons To Be Cheerful.

I've got a few snippets to share today all of which have me squealing with excitement.
First off lace. Yummy. I love the stuff. Elegant, timeless but on this occasion it aint got the zing if it don't have the bling!!
This stuff is simply gorgeous and I cannot wait for the go ahead to order in and get my scissors chomping in to it.

Depending on how the light catches it, the tiny seed pearls and iridescent bugle beads glisten with an opulent lustre. It oozes expensive taste and there's going to be lots of it. It's going to be one heck of a frock. Yummy, yummy, yummy!
*
Second off, a client collected her bridal jacket and scrunch knot-cravats today.

Having had a sudden panic wondering if her bridal gown may just show a little too much while the vicar would be standing over her, Sue decided to modestly cover up for the service and chose a gorgeous purple silk for her jacket as it was one of her favourite colours.

I've only met Sue once before, at her consultation a few weeks ago and today when she collected her completed order. I'm pleased to say she was thrilled saying it was exactly what she was after and how much she had enjoyed the whole dressmaking experience. She's promised me some photos which I will really look forward to seeing.

Finally, I have my copy of 'Sew' with a Special Occasion exclusive including a free pattern to create your own bridal garments. Ok, so I don't really need the free pattern but for any one who wishes to have a stab at making their own simple yet classic wedding gown I have to agree with two top tips.

1. Always work with the best fabrics you can possibly afford. Heck, if you're going to make your own you'll save a packet so defo invest in the best.

2. Making a wedding gown is the most involved and time consuming process so unless you can seriously invest the time, don't take on the project.

So, that's my news but on a very final note. Happy birthday to my big girl. 5 today!



No comments:

Post a Comment