Sunday 26 September 2010

From Design to Original outfit.

I love it when I get to make something a little off the norm, so when Sarah contacted me with a sketch and asked if I could make it for her September wedding, I jumped at the chance.
The design, a wide leg trouser with attached bodice, was based on an outfit Sarah had many years ago. She loved it she told me and desperatly wanted to re-create it for her very special day.
Sarah wanted something completely backless, but I feared there would be no structure to the bodice which could end up looking like a pair of dungarees, so suggested a low scoop back to keep the support in the bodice.
The fabric used was a super 100% silk double crepe moroccain. The bodice was made in a corset style with boning for definition. The crepe was backlined and then lined with a super 100% silk Habotai lining.





The crossover straps were finished with some fabulous crystal embelishments which continued across the neckline and hip.







The little crepe bolero complete with crystal trim completed the look.
I have to say, for anyone looking for something totally different, this is just the ticket!

1 comment: