Tuesday 28 September 2010

Someday My Prince Will Come.



Please note there are a number of links in the text below as most of the pictures are subject to copyright law. It is an offence to use them without permission.



When I was a child, I dreamed of being a princess in a castle. I'd swoosh around in my Aunt's wedding dress, picking up the skirt just like Sleeping Beauty or Cinderella. Even my Barbie doll was a princess except her prince wasn't Ken. It was an old 'Action Girl' doll which I cut short her hair to make her look more like a boy!

I still love all of the classic fairy tales, the beautiful princess who's prince will carry her away and live happily ever after and then hope he wouldn't turn into a toad!

I guess for me I am living the fantasy. My prince charming is still very much the prince charming and to be among beautiful wedding gowns with my work must be every big girls' dream.




I'm sure, even in our adult lives, we still have those dreams. The fairytale with the happy ending and I still feel the wedding gown plays an important part in making that childhood fantasy come true. Afterall, having the fairytale gown is the magical touch that finishes your wedding day.


Katie Price fullfilled her fantasy when she married Peter Andre in a pink tulle gown complete with Cinderella glasss carriage. Of course, they did it all over again, this time Katie opting for something much more traditional!

Again, when Katie married Alex Reid, her gown was less of the fantasy chosing something of a classy look for her day.

Her gown was created by Amanda Plester who has been creating couture gowns for more than 25 years!


I suspect the most famous fairytale to come true would be that of
Prince Rainier III of Monaco marrying the American film actress Grace Kelly.


Of course, not every woman wants to be the princess.

Some are quite happy to be Prince Charming!



1 comment:

  1. You are very lucky. I had to use a can of hair spray (they are a bit taller) for my Ken! x

    ReplyDelete